Hardcover set (Signed Limited Edition) is available

Today is release day for the signed, hardcover limited edition of the Bobiverse books. Not problem-free, sadly. The books were boxed in the wrong order, which is not a big deal but looks hokey. Ethan’s getting the supply company to rebox them. It shouldn’t delay shipments, though, as long as they can stay one box set ahead of orders.

There are also some issues with non-USA destinations. I tried to order a set from the Canadian website, and couldn’t find it. Tried from the US website and it refused to ship to Canada. Ethan & Co are working on it. It seems to be Amazon’s byzantine setup and options process. The only way to really tell if you get it wrong is when things don’t work. But we’ll get there.

Edit: Link to the sales page: Signed Limited Edition Hardcover

For those who are asking, The Ethan Ellenberg Literary Agency is my agent, and they’re handling the sales and distribution of the set.

17 comments

Skip to comment form

• Gwyneth Hannaford on August 21, 2018 at 11:52 am

Link to these as I can’t see them on Amazon USA?

1. Bobiverse Limited Edition Hardcover

• Curt on November 1, 2018 at 12:52 pm

Is there any way/chance of having the signature personalized? Or is everything in an Amazon warehouse already?

1. Already warehoused.

• Curt on November 2, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Thanks. Please excuse the duplicate of the question that I posted today. For some reason my browser didn’t show my original post until AFTER I submitted another.

1. NP, I just deleted one of them.

Regarding the personalization, you’re talking about shipping it to Canada, having me open it and personalize it, then shipping it to wherever you are (presumably the US). That’s a lot of shipping, with UPS trying to charge brokerage fees in both directions.

OTOH, if someone with a hardcover edition (or any of my books, let’s be honest) comes up to me at a con or something, I’ll be happy to sign and add whatever personalization is desired.

• Eva on August 21, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Where can I buy them? I have been checking Amazon all day!

1. It’s only available through amazon.com (US site). We’re looking at alternatives, but Amazon really doesn’t make it easy to do international sales.

• EvilTexan on August 21, 2018 at 1:22 pm

Hey Dennis,

Very excited to finally get these books in hardcover print format. The fact that they’re signed is an added bonus.

Hope all is well, here’s to you pumping out great novels for many years to come!

Sincerely,
    Alex

• Armando on August 21, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Yay! Placed my order. I’m guessing the “The Ethan Ellenberg Literary Agency” seller is legit even though it’s newly established (with no feedback)?

Link for the US store : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1680680722/

• Michael Wilson on August 21, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Amazon says “only available through 3rd party sellers.” from “The Ethan Ellenberg Literary Agency” Is that the legit one?

1. Yup. Ethan Ellenberg is my agent. He’s handling the hardcover publishing and sales.

• Jesse on October 1, 2018 at 8:43 am

These look great, but I was really hoping for a premium edition (like an Easton Press release, or one of the LEs that Subterranean Press does). Are there any plans on anything like that? I realize you might not want to hurt sales of the current set by getting people waiting for a future set, but we’re starting to talk about real money here. I’d be bummed if I spend $150 for this set, and then in a few months find out that there’s a $250 Easton version or something available.

1. There’s nothing else planned at this time, not even in general terms.

• Jesse on October 2, 2018 at 2:20 pm

Great, thanks for letting me know!

• J to the P on October 8, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Ouch! I would really, really love some hard covers. I knew they were coming and kept checking amazon. But that price tag is a bit……..heavy. :'(

• Nathan Lennon on November 1, 2018 at 9:06 am

Took a bit of effort but I managed to find a way to ship them to Ireland. Can’t wait to get them and then never touch them because they look too nice.