Outland Publish Date Announced

I’ve been informed that Outland (audio) will be published May 16 2019. Since audio is the most complex to produce, we always base pub dates for e-books and paperbacks on the audio date, so those will be out the same day.

24 comments

Skip to comment form

• Gordon on March 25, 2019 at 10:50 am

OMG!!!, I am sooo excited to hear this. I have been waiting for YEARS, (actual years) to find out what happens next. I loved book 1, and the suspense has been killing me.

• Shane on March 29, 2019 at 7:33 am

Hate to burst your bubble Gordon, but this is a different book, he said in previous post that now that this one is done he can focus on the next bob book, going to be a bit longer…

• Gordon on March 30, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Yes, of coarse this is a different book, which is why they are announcing the publication date, one for every new book. (I am sure it made more sense in your head, it just came out as a DUH!) At the end his first book, World Lines, first book of the Outland series, he started the new series, published 3 books from the Bobiverse, then a solo book the Singularity Trap, now it is back to Outland book 2, Earthside. Next on to Bobiverse book IV, The Search for Spock Bender.

— SPOILER ALERT — Compare and contrast, Outland vs. Bobiverse, synopsis for idiots

In World Lines, (Outland Book 1), some idiot opens a portal to a Volcano World (one side of earth, we will call this direction back) using a probability machine. Then Earth blows up in a VOLCANIC ERUPTION so the idiots decide to run the other way, to Jurassic World (the other side of earth, we will call this forward) where they are eaten by dinosaurs and extinct cats. Book 2 you start from a new base on Jurassic World and explore back to Earthside and forward to ¿the Cambrian World?. (Sorry, it has been so long since I read book 1, I can’t remember everything from the teaser for book 2.)

Not to be mistaken for Bobiverse Book 1 (We are Bob), some idiot decides to chop his own head off, shove it in a tin can, and shoot it into space where it wonders around aimlessly making more tin cans to shoot off in every direction. Or book 2 (For We are Many) where the flying tin cans try to pick up the pieces after the EARTH BLOWS UP in a NUCLEAR STRIKE from Brazil. Or book 3 (All These Worlds) where these flying tin cans decide to go poking the hornets nest in a Dyson Sphere then run away, leading the hornets back to earth, so the HORNETS get their own chance to BLOW UP the EARTH again, with their giant RAY GUN.

— END SPOILER —

So yes, it would be bit more of a wait if I came to the party late, started with We are Bob, and was looking for Bobiverse book IV, The Search for Bender , but I am looking for Outland Book 2, Earthside, and have been eagerly awaiting this since the release of We are Bob, but it has been trumped by We are Bob, For we are Many, All These Worlds, and Singularity Trap, but alas my wait is over.

1. Sadly, it’s not. The book coming out May 16 is not Earthside, it’s a re-release of Outland. The original Outland was literally my first novel, and I didn’t think it was up to snuff after writing 4 other books. So I did a massive re-edit for the Audible release.

• Mitchell on May 13, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Quick question will we have to buy the e-book a second time? If so I will. I would just like to know.

1. Yes, this is a different publisher, different ASIN. It won’t be connected to the old one.

• Shane Johnson on April 4, 2019 at 8:43 am

Gordon, I apologize, I assumed your comment was a Bobomaniac comment! Now reading your comment I see that you have been a fan of Dennis E. Taylor much longer than most of us. I am sorry to see that Mr. Taylor just crushed your sole again, hopefully you will get your second book one day, I didn’t read your spoiler section as I will likely take a listen to the audible release. Mr. Taylor has become one of my favorite authors due to the Bob series. My other favorite author likes to make us all wait 5+ years for sequels so hopefully Mr. Taylor will keep up a fairly active release schedule and we can all get our fill of w/e books are our favorites from him!

• Angie on March 29, 2019 at 9:28 am

Just finished the third book in the Bobiverse and absolutely LOVE this author! I look forward to the fourth book and will definitely check out Outland! Really really hope Dennis has book signings near me some day!

• Benjamin Casha on April 5, 2019 at 12:52 pm

Will the Audible version be available for pre-order? I’d like to ensure it’s available in my library as soon as released.

1. Pretty sure it will be.

• Nick on April 17, 2019 at 11:09 am

Hi — I’ve been a big fan for a while.

I’ve been searching on Amazon and Audible for the Outland pre-order, but nothing there as of April 16, 2019 (which seems odd if it’s coming out in May). Any idea if the pub date has slipped? If not, is there a way we can find out when the pre-order will be available?

Funny related side-story…I thought I would read the old Outlander hard copy while I’m waiting for the new version to be released as an e-book and audiobook.

But the only copies available on Amazon are used paperback copies …. which range from the STAGGERING PRICE from $158 for a “good condition” copy…to $264 for an “acceptable condition” copy!! (for USED paperbacks!!). I wonder if that sets a record?

Anyway – You’ve either got a very dedicated fan base willing to pay a LOT for an old paperback (with the old version of Outland ending up being a “classic”)….or some greedy people have wildly overpriced the old paperbacks (and hoping for a windfall based on the fact it’s now “un-published”). I suspect the latter, and those overpriced paperbacks will just sit there a LONG time).

Thanks again for sharing your talent and creativity with us….I love all your books so far (can’t wait for the upcoming titles)

Best regards,

Nick (a big fan in California)

1. The high-priced paperback thing appears to be a regular tactic with the gouge squad. I guess it doesn’t cost them anything to put it up, and maybe somebody will accidentally hit “buy” or something.

As to the pre-order, we’re still getting the cover together. There may end up being a pre-order, but it’ll be tight. As far as I know, though, the release date is firm.

• Dru on April 22, 2019 at 12:54 pm

The Audible version is up for preorder on Amazon. Haven’t seen any signs of the paperback version yet.

1. They’re actively working on it.

• Louis on April 23, 2019 at 7:41 am

For those of us who have already purchased Outland (and read and re-read it lots of times), will we be able to get the updated version or will we need to purchase again. I’m cool either way and I’m looking forward to May. 🙂

1. It’ll be a new item with its own ASIN. Different publisher, and significant changes to the contents.

• Albert on May 15, 2019 at 2:21 am

I am so friggin excited for this book

• Fan on May 17, 2019 at 6:47 am

Can you tell me when the kindle version will be available?

1. Sept 16

• Ashley stone on June 2, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Any more news on bobiverse new book release date ?

• Tony F on June 5, 2019 at 9:07 am

Any estimate for Outland book 2 release? And the audible version?

Thanks

1. I’m still writing Search for Bender. Then I’ll start on Earthside. Some time in late 2020, though, probably.

• emmett g on June 21, 2019 at 12:18 pm

I just realized this had been released and quick spent my last remaining (out of this year’s 24) credit on it.
    Thanks for the many happy listening hours! Looking forward to the next 3dozen titles 🙂

• Olivia Petty on June 25, 2019 at 6:58 am

I’m already finished with it! “Please sir, may we have some more?”

I can’t tell you how much your book, coupled with Ray Porter’s narration, makes my day. Thank you for the gift of your writings, and filling a much-needed void for smart dystopian/sci-fi adventures on the bookshelves.

Please take care and pleeease keep writing, the world needs it!