OUTLAND is in the can

Yesterday, my editor accepted my latest version of Outland with no more modifications. That means, barring something from the copyeditor, I’m done. Now it goes into Audible’s queue, where (among other things) they will get it narrated and produced.

And yes, Ray Porter will be doing it. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, Audible likes to keep author/narrator teams together. And I would be happy to wait if Ray’s schedule required a long lead time or some such.

The Audible contract for Outland and the sequel does not have an exclusivity clause, so the e-book, paperback, and audio book will all be coming out at the same time. Technically, we could bring out the e-book and paperback before the audio book was ready, but that would be pretty cheesy.

And this means that I’m now back to writing the next Bobiverse book(s), working title “The Search for Bender.” I say book(s) because it looks like it’s going to be a duology. And spoiler alert — the end of book one will be a cliff-hanger, and a doozy. Bob and the Bill Wonder will be tied to the front of a Zamboni, while the Penguin and his henchmen–er, no, wait, I’m having a flashback. Sorry.

So stay tuned–same Bob-time, same Bob-channel–for more updates as they happen.

10 comments

Skip to comment form

1. Looking forward to an updated Outland… I have a copy of the old book… it’s not bad, The Bobiverse forced me to order it.

Wondering if any of the characters will be named for other star trek characters? KhAAAAAAAAn… I keep wanting to scream it.

• Tom on January 7, 2019 at 10:46 am

Good news on many fronts! Looking forward to more Bob.

• Anon on January 17, 2019 at 1:26 pm

..?
      This isn’t a Bobiverse book..?

• Rick Moreau on January 7, 2019 at 12:26 pm

Zamboni is a such a funny word that any time you can find a way to use it is a huge win for me. It would be a great name for a testy, all-male alien species.

• Jay A Pickett on January 8, 2019 at 11:57 am

I will buy the Audio Book of OUTLAND when it comes out. Love your stuff.

But you really need to get back to the Bab-a-verse, I am having withdrawals and it is getting serious! πŸ˜‰

• Jay A Pickett on January 8, 2019 at 12:06 pm

I gave my brother your Bob Legion Series Audio Books for Christmas from Apple iTunes. He works at Boeing … Anyway, he has been listing to the series and so have all of his Co-Workers and now they have all started to buy the books them selfs.

So if you see an uptick in sales in the Seattle Washington area, it may be my fault! πŸ™‚

Live Long and Prosper! πŸ™‚

• Michael Klueppel on January 13, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Hi,

I am from Germany but live in the USA.
    After I listened to the first book in German I waited 6 month for the 2nd book to be translated and released (12/2018). That wait was horrible. I just got the 3rd in English becaue there isn’t an official release date for the German audio book.

When will the 4th book come out? Will there be one because I read that it’s a trilogy?
    Are there plans to keep it going ? 5th, 6th, etc? I sure hope so.

I really enjoy your books a lot

1. I am currently working on the 4th and 5th books of the bobiverse.

2. Can’t wait to get my hands (or ears) on both. Haven’t been fanboying so much since ages for more Bobiverse material! Just one thing, I would consider actor per storyline, had to take a break couple of days between the third Bobiverse book and Singularity because the great voice of Ray Porter made a bit of a mix in my head between books πŸ™‚

• Ian on January 16, 2019 at 11:28 am

Hmm.. shouldn’t it be Mr. Freeze with the zamboni instead of the Penguin? I don’t know, it feels like that would be more his shtick.

Anyway, big fan of your work. Looking forward to your next book.