OUTLAND is in the can

Yesterday, my editor accepted my latest version of Outland with no more modifications. That means, barring something from the copyeditor, I’m done. Now it goes into Audible’s queue, where (among other things) they will get it narrated and produced.

And yes, Ray Porter will be doing it. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, Audible likes to keep author/narrator teams together. And I would be happy to wait if Ray’s schedule required a long lead time or some such.

The Audible contract for Outland and the sequel does not have an exclusivity clause, so the e-book, paperback, and audio book will all be coming out at the same time. Technically, we could bring out the e-book and paperback before the audio book was ready, but that would be pretty cheesy.

And this means that I’m now back to writing the next Bobiverse book(s), working title “The Search for Bender.” I say book(s) because it looks like it’s going to be a duology. And spoiler alert — the end of book one will be a cliff-hanger, and a doozy. Bob and the Bill Wonder will be tied to the front of a Zamboni, while the Penguin and his henchmen–er, no, wait, I’m having a flashback. Sorry.

So stay tuned–same Bob-time, same Bob-channel–for more updates as they happen.

30 comments

Skip to comment form

1. Looking forward to an updated Outland… I have a copy of the old book… it’s not bad, The Bobiverse forced me to order it.

Wondering if any of the characters will be named for other star trek characters? KhAAAAAAAAn… I keep wanting to scream it.

• Tom on January 7, 2019 at 10:46 am

Good news on many fronts! Looking forward to more Bob.

• Anon on January 17, 2019 at 1:26 pm

..?
      This isn’t a Bobiverse book..?

• Dude on February 13, 2019 at 10:48 am

Read the second half. He also mentioned that he would be resuming work on the next bobiverse books.

• Rick Moreau on January 7, 2019 at 12:26 pm

Zamboni is a such a funny word that any time you can find a way to use it is a huge win for me. It would be a great name for a testy, all-male alien species.

• Jay A Pickett on January 8, 2019 at 11:57 am

I will buy the Audio Book of OUTLAND when it comes out. Love your stuff.

But you really need to get back to the Bab-a-verse, I am having withdrawals and it is getting serious! 😉

• Jay A Pickett on January 8, 2019 at 12:06 pm

I gave my brother your Bob Legion Series Audio Books for Christmas from Apple iTunes. He works at Boeing … Anyway, he has been listing to the series and so have all of his Co-Workers and now they have all started to buy the books them selfs.

So if you see an uptick in sales in the Seattle Washington area, it may be my fault! 🙂

Live Long and Prosper! 🙂

• Michael Klueppel on January 13, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Hi,

I am from Germany but live in the USA.
    After I listened to the first book in German I waited 6 month for the 2nd book to be translated and released (12/2018). That wait was horrible. I just got the 3rd in English becaue there isn’t an official release date for the German audio book.

When will the 4th book come out? Will there be one because I read that it’s a trilogy?
    Are there plans to keep it going ? 5th, 6th, etc? I sure hope so.

I really enjoy your books a lot

1. I am currently working on the 4th and 5th books of the bobiverse.

• Henrik Francke on January 28, 2019 at 7:49 am

German here

Listen to all three books in English again

I’ve ok not listened to the first in German when it came out and when I had 20 or so listen through a of the English books, and the English one is way better

Hell in the German one they have a 24m roamers because they cant calculate correctly

2. Can’t wait to get my hands (or ears) on both. Haven’t been fanboying so much since ages for more Bobiverse material! Just one thing, I would consider actor per storyline, had to take a break couple of days between the third Bobiverse book and Singularity because the great voice of Ray Porter made a bit of a mix in my head between books 🙂

• Ian on January 16, 2019 at 11:28 am

Hmm.. shouldn’t it be Mr. Freeze with the zamboni instead of the Penguin? I don’t know, it feels like that would be more his shtick.

Anyway, big fan of your work. Looking forward to your next book.

• James Cockburn on January 31, 2019 at 9:49 pm

So very pleased to hear that you are working on new Bobiverse tales Dennis – they are excellent.

• Neil R on February 4, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Love the Bobiverse books.. we are still on #1.. Riker is back @ earth.. and I have already bought #’s 2 and 3. My kids and I listen on the driver to and from school every day, and they love it so much we have renamed our car “Bob”.. no joke 🙂 Hearing that there are more Bob books in the works makes me smile, thank you!!

• Patrick on February 6, 2019 at 8:11 pm

Are there any current updates as to the release timeline for the updated Outland and Earthside books? I too am a Bobiverse fan, but I very much enjoy these other books as well. I read the original physical copy of Outland and enjoyed it very much. I can’t wait to read the updated version of Outland and then the Earthside sequel to my son as he recovers from his chemo treatments! Thank you!

1. June or July was bandied around for Outland.

I am currently working on The Search for Bender. That’ll probably take until the summer. Then I’ll start work on Earthside. And that will complete my current contractual obligations.

• Austin on March 14, 2019 at 8:18 am

Just finished re reading the Bobiverse books and am eagerly awaiting the next installments.

• HS on April 7, 2019 at 8:24 pm

Can’t wait for more Bob!! Thanks for writing such great stories!

• Gabriel Escamilla on May 8, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Book 4 please!

• J on May 28, 2019 at 10:56 am

Hey, how about a new bobiverse update!

• Judy on June 2, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Yay!!! I loovvveeeeeeee the Bobiverse books! Super excited to get ahold of more!

• Leonie on June 6, 2019 at 4:51 pm

Loving Outland. Only about an hour to go on the audiobook and signed up here to see if there’s a sequel in the works. Also love the Bobiverse – can’t wait for more from there even if it means a longer wait for Earthside.

• Bob the Monk on July 9, 2019 at 6:30 pm

I just love Bobiverse and can’t wait to see the story continue!

• Marvek on July 29, 2019 at 7:25 pm

Will you do a singularity trap sequel?

1. Probably. I’ve had enough interest.

• Elle on October 6, 2019 at 7:45 am

I agree. It deserves another book.

• J-Knight on August 13, 2019 at 5:26 pm

I just finished listening to the third Bobiverse book. I’m now in withdrawal. I cannot wait for “The Search for Bender”!

• Elle on October 6, 2019 at 7:43 am

I just finished listening to Outland. Not to be confused with Outlander.

I became so involved I didn’t realize the book was going to end! Glad there’s another Outland somewhere in the process.
    Will this be a series like Bob?

We’re a family of geeky people..I’m the geek grandma who worked in tech during the transition from analog to digital.

We all enjoy your writing. And I especially like Ray Porters narrations.

Release on Outland 2?

• Neil R on November 1, 2019 at 6:53 am

Any updates on “The search for Bender”?