Jan 23

Where’s Outland?

Some people have noticed that Outland is no longer available on Amazon. I have un-published Outland and am currently engaged in a significant re-edit. Once I’m done, it’ll be re-published, hopefully by the end of summer 2018.

8 comments

Skip to comment form

• Joe on January 24, 2018 at 2:14 pm

Will the people who have already purchased outland receive the updated version?

1. That will depend on Amazon. If they allow the new book to be an “update” to the current one, then yes. Otherwise we’d have to create a new Amazon entry. I’d love to keep all my reviews and such, but in the latter case I’d lose those as well.

• Joe on January 25, 2018 at 11:13 am

Either way is fine for me. I’ll gladly buy it again. I’ll just treat my original as a First Edition.

• michael on January 26, 2018 at 10:55 am

Any plan for book 2?

• Dan McRae on February 13, 2018 at 10:28 am

Hoping for a sequel. But regardless, more alternate history/parallel universe books, please.

• Bruce on February 13, 2018 at 2:31 pm

I was so thrilled with your Bobiverse series that I just ordered a used hardcover copy of Outland from Ablebooks.com. I hope that with all of your revisions, that won’t change the basic story too significantly.

I truly look forward to your future literary efforts.

Regards,

Bruce

• Cliff on February 18, 2018 at 5:30 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the Bobiverse books. I especially liked the way you ended the series. It just felt right.

I then got and read the Kindle version of Outland. I did enjoy it, though not as much as the Bobiverse. I do, however, have one question/comment. I believe a stable population requires something like 10,000 individuals (I certainly could be significantly off). It appears that you have only a fraction of this size and I do not see how you will easily increase it. Perhaps that will be addressed in the revision. I look forward to reading it.

1. Some estimates place the low point for the human species at less than a thousand individuals. In any case, the people in Rivendell aren’t the “last people on Earth”, just the ones that have been rescued so far. There will be a lot more along those lines in book 2.